Friday, August 27, 2010

Back

I am relieved. Madam is still there.
This afternoon, I checked the plant very thoroughly, but all I saw was the disgusting locust.
No trace of Madam. But when I checked the plant after the kids were in bed, as I do regularly every evening, if I am not on a business trip, she was there. As if she had waited for me - when I shined the light on her, she even rocked back and forth. As I said - as if she had waited for me.
That made my day.

As for her general condition - she is the same size as two weeks ago, and everything else seems to be the same as well. That leads me to the conclusion that she is all grown up now. Based on her expected lifespan, that fits into the pattern. I expect her to mate soon, probably in middle to late September. She will probably not survive into November, when the weather usually gets cold for the first time in winter here. But until then, we still have a couple of months - which could be interesting, if I would be able to take pictures of the mating. We'll see ...

No comments:

Post a Comment