Sunday, July 4, 2010

Shy

I came back from a seven day long business trip to Germany last night, and found my family in distress - they hadn't seen Madam in four days and everybody was worried about her fate.
Well, it did take me about five minutes of very thorough searching to detect her this morning. she was hiding in the thick inner layers of the plant. Usually, she would take a sunbath in the morning on one of the outer branches, but apparently she had changed her behavior. And her size, too. During my absence, another moulting must have occurred, because what I saw there was a real monster. Her body is not fragile anymore, but very massive and her length must be at least 2 inches by now.
also, her color has become almost indistinguishable from that of the plant - it is extremely hard to spot her when she situates herself in the maze of branches and leafs of the inner plant.
And of course, it is absolutely impossible to take pictures there - too dark, too many obstacles, no clear line of sight.
I just hope that this is just a phase, and that this does not constitute a significant change of habit. Now, that I have all that fancy equipment, and with her growing size, amazing photo opportunities come to mind ...

No comments:

Post a Comment